12 Things to Ask When Interviewing a Realtor
Selling your home is ranked third in most stressful events in a persons life. Hiring the right Realtor is important. Don't go with the first word-of-mouth recommendation you get. They will be responsible for setting the sale price, marketing your home, running open houses, and many more tasks. Here are 12 questions to ask potential real estate agents.
1. What is your experience and education?
2. Is this your full-time job?
3. Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors?
4. Do you use stagers? (Research shows that the top earning Realtors in the nation consistently use stagers!)
5. How many homes did you sell last year?
6. Which neighborhoods do you primarily work?
7. How many homes have you sold in my neighborhood?
8. On average, how close to the asking price is the final sale price of homes you have sold?
9. How will you market my home?
10. How many clients are you currently representing?
11. What type of support staff or resources do you have?
12. How will you keep me informed about progress?
Consider keeping a written list in front of you during the Realtors presentation and jot down additional questions that come up.
Once you have your list of candidates narrowed down to a few, take the time to check references and contact the National Association of Realtors to make sure they are in good standing. And keep in mind that you will be spending quite a bit of time together, as well as sensitive financial information, so they need to be someone you like and trust.
- concept from Laura Gaskill, Houzz